Saturday, January 23, 2010

Zhang Jia Jie Trip (张家界)

After spending hours, finally, I could finish writing out about this trip. Ok.. Here the story goes..
First Day, 8th December 2009
My company has been organized a trip to Zhang Jia Jie (张家界), China for staying 5 nights. I was full of excitement because everything seems to be new to me. A lot of questions popping out of my mind as travelling to a foreign country was appeared to be too unbelievable. I wish to share my wonderful journey with you here.
On the first day, CC, WN, Angela and I took ERL at 6.30pm to KLIA and reached within 30 minutes. Mr Lim's family, Hong and Hong's wife arrived earlier than us. Ms Chiew was our local tour guide. Checking in our luggage was the first thing to do at the airport counter. After that, we went through the custom. Liquid form, sharp things and lighter are not allowed for hand baggage.


(Four pretty girls at ERL)

We had a quick breakfast at Starbucks Coffee as we heard the announcement that our plane is ready to fly off. Wohoho.. From there onwards, we were running and taking a train to the destination of aeroplane. Almost all the seats were filled up except us. Around 8.45am, China Southern Airline flew off from KLIA.
Angela, Mr Lim's mother and I were sitting together. We were given a choice either fish mee or curry chicken rice. I chose curry chicken. There were fruits, mango pudding and bread. Flying to 广洲 (Guang Zhou) would take 3 hours. During the flight, you could watch mandarin movie, listen music or take a nap.

When we reached广洲飞机场, it was 12.15pm. Again, we went through the custom. A lot of people was lining up and some of them were Korean, Thais and Japanese. After that, our luggage needed to transfer to Zhang Jia Jie airport. We stucked in the airport for TWO hours. Gosh...

Since our next flight was at 8.05pm, 广洲 tour guide brought us to try their specialty food at 名麓美食such as roasted duck, sliced steamed chicken, etc. The tour guide brought us to their 广洲市场. The atmosphere looked the same as our Petaling Street, KL which was crowded and merrier. This place is suitable for those who are expert in bargaining the price. For instance, a bag is cost at RMB100 (RM50), you could negotiate till RMB30. I bought a nice long sleeve for RMB25.


(Guang Zhou's Street)


(Statues in Guang Zhou's Street)
By the time we reached Zhang Jia Jie Airport, it was 10.30pm.

(Guang Zhou Airport)

莱 顿大酒店 was our first night. Angela and I shared a room. Angela was not happy when she knew that we had a corner room. She was quite superstitious and complained to Ms Chiew to change the room. With all Ms Chiew's persuasion, Angela accepted the room finally. She switched on the television for the whole night in order to calm herself down. For me, I didn't have a good sleep as I had a nose block in the middle of the night.


(莱顿大酒店)

No comments: