Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fourth Day, 11th December 2009 (Fri)
This is the fourth day. It's also the last day of spending in Zhang Jia Jie. We entered 龙王洞 to see the staglatic and stalagmite. The place is clean and has a beautiful path to walk. In order to compare with our cave, our cave is smelly and full of bat's shit on the floor which is slippery.



(龙王洞)


After that, we visited their silk shop. They explained the process of making silk from butterfly's larva. This time I didn't buy anything from this shop.


I heard that Zhang Jia Jie is famous of making blades. So, 小李 brought us there, 土司王. After hearing the lady promoting the kitchen knives, it attracted most of women. I noticed that they liked to do promotion. For instance, they offered a box of knives with scissors and fruit blade at the price of RMB400. The fruit blade is very useful till it could peel off the scale of the fish, it's called 魔术刀. The lady also stressed that the knives would not be easily to get blunt and it's easy to chop the meat. They guaranteed us for 10 years by giving the guarantee card. I just bought the fruit blade for RMB30 (RM15). I showed my mum and telling her the wonders of the fruit blade. In the end, she told me that it's impossible to peel off the scale of the fish. I was shock to hear it and we could buy it at RM7. What a good lesson...


老院子 was the last destination in Zhang Jia Jie before moving to 芙蓉镇.



It's about a village. It used to be living by the wealthy and worked as an assistant in the palace. You could find the beautiful craving of art in the room. Besides, there were some old utensils. However, Mr Lim was not satisfied with this place after coming out.


An incident happened which the story goes like this. The lady gave us a piece of Buddhist plague respectively. She told us that a fortune teller would provide free service. Then, we sat inside a room. One by one left from the room. The first to go out was Mr Lim’s family and I was the last. Actually, I’ve an uneasy feeling when I received the plague. Thus, I’m a Christian. Listening to their prediction is against Christian preaching. As a result, I told the lady my reason and she let me off. When I came to know, they were actually been asked to pay RMB99 for a candle light and it’s advisable to take 3, 6 or 9 candles. It’s kind of cheating us. Besides, the video photographer waited for us at 老院子 and sold photos at the price of RMB20 (RM10) per pierce for 5R size. She refused to give discounts. So, I just bought two pieces.


It took three hours to reach芙蓉镇 at 6pm. 小李gave us a treat to try their specialty of 米豆腐. It costs one yuan per bowl.


(米豆腐)


Nothing much to see there and it was raining for the whole day. There is no door in toilet so Wee Nee and I waited outside as well as Mr Lim. While waiting, a girl asked Mr Lim, “Where are you from?” Mr Lim replied, “Try and guess.” “Nan Jing? Guangzhou? Hong Kong?” she asked. Mr Lim spoke Cantonese purposely to me, “Do we appeared from locally?” “Maybe gua. Haha..” I answered.


We reached 凤凰 at 9pm. Before walking around the area, we checked in 凤都大酒店. Angela and I shared a single bed as Angela requested. I was surprised a computer in our room and could serve the net. However, there was a kind of smell. Anyway, I just put my luggage and walked out.


Seeing the night view of凤凰 was spectacular as it's decorated with colourful lights. It's also a busy night where there were many bars and karaoke. Some enjoyed eating grilling food at night. A few candles lights on paper of lilies flowing on the busy river. It’s one way of making wish. Angela bought half of dozen. With such a spectacular view, we could not get good picture as the weather was windy and cold.

(凤凰)

As I mentioned about the room earlier, Ms Chiew requested us to change the room. Therefore, 小李 settled the issue for us. The room has two beds without computer. At least, I could sleep well throughout the night.
0 comments

No comments: