Sunday, May 3, 2009

My First Experience to Look After Young Kids

My mum and I decided to visit Yee Ma on 1st of May. Since she shifted to a new area, we didn’t have chance to visit her. So, this is the best time to go to her house. She lives near Tesco, Selayang and it is not far from Jinjang South. My brother has table tennis competition at Jinjang South so it was convenient for us to go her house.

Mum and I took a bus from The Store. Her house is quite easy to locate as it is just behind Tesco. It is double storey house and the residential area is new. The management provided guards for security. When we reached her house, there were kids in the house. My cousin sisters brought their children for Yee Ma to look after.

There were 4 children. Jin Jie aged of 6 years but his height look like 8 years old. His younger brother, Jin Loong aged of 1 year. Ee Jian aged of 1 year and has a younger baby sister, Shue Ni who is 11 months old. Ee Jian is older than Jin Loong for 10 days. When my Pui Sam, Jin Jie, cousin brother and his wife went out, I have to look after the kids. This is my first experience to baby-sit the young kids. I could say it was a tough day. You have to watch them for the whole day. When it was about time for the kids go to bed, I tried to make Jin Loong sleep but ended up Yee Ma taking care of him. Ah Poh has to lullaby Ee Jian and Shue Ni.


When you tried to cool down a kid from crying, another kid started crying. It went on for 3 times. Oh… It was a headache. I realized that it was difficult for a mum to look after the kids. I wondered how mums could handle 8 to 10 kids in the olden days. The house must be full of ‘wonderful’ sounds.

After the Jin Loong and Ee Jian have enough sleep, they were hyperactive to do jumping, running and walking here and there. Thus, Jin Jie also acted like them after they came back from shopping. When their mums were busy, I have to take in-charge. First, I have to keep on eye for Jin Loong and Ee Jian not to have fight. Jin Jie has to stay away from those kids. Next, I have to prevent kids from touching any wire or electrical plug. Stopping kids from going outside the house or the kitchen. My eyes became like a surveillance camera.

Although they were naughty, they also have chubby look. I like Jin Loong. He is cute. When there is food, Jin Loong would look at you and came near you. He likes eating especially ice-cream and cold drinks. Ee Jian is a shy boy but was fussy on eating. The wonderful part is both of them like go shopping. When Ee Jian’s father came, Ee Jian stood near the door and waited for us to take him out. Haha… Kids also knew how to jealous. When Ee Jian found out that it was not the right time to go out, he didn’t go near his father. However, when his father carried Jin Loong, Ee Jian was jealous and wanted his father to carry him. Haha…

I followed them to go shopping in Jusco. There were a lot of people in the shopping mall. Thus, it was a very hot day. Queuing up at counter would take half an hour. After that, we have dinner in Pizza Hut. Jin Loong and Ee Jian were laughing. They kept moving here and there. Also, they watched other people to eat pizza. Both of them were cute.

At 8pm, we went back to Yee Ma’s house. All of them were tired. Ah Poh’s husband sent my mum and I went home.


I like this kid (above). His name is Jin Loong. Looks very cute.. :)


This is Jin Jie.


This is Ee Jian.


No comments: