Wednesday, May 6, 2009

AFA Group 3 Gathering

At last, the day that I have been waiting has come. I was excited and looking forward to this day-4th May. It was my advanced diploma gathering at 12pm in Mid Valley.

I took a bath before leaving. When I reached, I found that my coursemates have not reached. So, I went to visit my piggy bank first. Hehe… Then, I saw WLing, PThieng and Jenny sat at Starbuck. PThieng said that I looked different from college days and I didn’t tie my hair. Haha… After all, this gathering is special so need to dress up differently. WLing also dressed sexy and looked pretty. Then, SHan, KXin, KShin, JLian, Martini, JLoong, YNee and Shirley came. Although I received message from Phoebe that we should arrive the place sharp, many of them were not punctured including the organiser. Haha… YPeng, WLun and HTin came together. I was happy to see them. All of us chat for awhile. As usual, JLoong was the talkative. He told us that he planned to have pancakes for breakfast, Daze for lunch and BBQ for dinner. He really likes eating. PThieng and Jenny did not go out for holiday so they spent much time on playing Facebook.

We waited for 45 minutes. JLoong suggested that we should find a restaurant while waiting for them. None of them familiar with Mid Valley so I volunteered myself to be their tour guide since Mid Valley is my favourite shopping mall. I told them that I live near Mid Valley.

Our first destination is Fong Lye Restaurant, Taiwanese Food. We have been standing outside the restaurant for sometime as we depend on them (WLing, JLoong, SHan, HTin and WLun) to decide for us. While waiting, we took photographs. In the end, we entered the Taiwanese restaurant. Later, SLik, CKai and KLung reached in the restaurant. We sat there for 20 minutes and left the restaurant. Wonder what happened? Most of them could not decide what to order from the menu and some wish to try Italianos Restaurant. JLoong suggested, “We wait for our boss (Phoebe) to make the decision. If she decided Italianos, we just told the staff that we just followed our boss’s decision.” Haha... I thought he was joking and not knowing that we really have to leave as Phoebe chose Italianos. This was my first experience leaving the restaurant without eating. While leaving, Jenny heard that a staff asked another staff, “Why are they leaving?”

Italianos is just a floor below Fong Lye Restaurant. Phoebe told a waitress that 20 of us have lunch. They arranged tables and chairs so we have to wait outside. I heard that Koh Lung came from Melaka for our gathering. Wai Kwan did not join our gathering as she went back her hometown to attend her friend’s birthday. We discussed movies. I told Pei Thieng that I wish to watch Wolverine and Jun Loong too. However, Wan Ling and Phoebe preferred to watch a movie about girls. This movie is definitely not suitable for guys.

When the table ready, we sat together. Shirley was first to sit on my right. In front of me was JLoong. She is doing degree in Segi KL and graduate this year. She used to wear spectacles but now changed to contact lenses and braces her teeth. Anyway, she looked pretty than last time. She sat for awhile and then changed her place beside YNee as they wanted to share food. PThieng sat on my left.

Luckily, they offered set lunch (from 12pm-3pm). All the normal dishes were above RM20++. Shirley, Jenny and I ordered Chicken and Mushroom Spaghetti. PThieng ordered pasta and YNee ordered pizza. This set lunch provide us with soup and drinks. I chose Mushroom soup and Ice Lemon Tea.

Phoebe checked her Ipod for movies. She named a few movies for us. JLoong suggested, “We go and buy a DVD in Speedy and then watch in Sook Yee’s house.” He said this twice but no response from others. Haha… I think his suggestion was failed. I should tell him that I would charge electricity fees for watching at my house. Haha… At last, all of us agreed to watch Wolverine. JLoong mentioned almost 3 times that he would be CEO if he collect money so if CEO need to spend money (eg. Buy things), then CKai should be the CEO. In the end, this 2 CEO went to buy movie tickets.

Monica was late as well as AQiao. No matter how, I was happy to see them. Monica dressed up beautifully. The mushroom soup tasted better than Pizza hut. The Spaghetti was delicious and it really made me feeling full. After those 2 CEO came back, Jun Loong showed us the tickets. Wow, 20 tickets were long. I saw WLing holding the tickets while JLoong holding the students’ cards to take pictures. Both of them like those gamblers. Haha…

After finished my lunch, I went to sit beside AQiao who was sitting far end. I chat with AQiao, CKai and SLik. CKai and SLik went to watch movies but could not go out everyday as they didn’t have transport. AQiao just settled her sales for clothing. After that, we started to take photos. People in the restaurant were looking at us. Haha…

We left the restaurant at 3.15pm. Phoebe suggested that our 2nd destination was to play bowling. When we reached, none of us wanted to play so we separated into groups. Since JLoong wanted to go Toy’r us, I decided to show him the way. HTin, YPeng and AQiao followed us. JLoong wanted to buy a boarding game as birthday present for his friend.

We walked around in Toy'r us. AQiao wish to look for aeroplane for her boy friend but they did not aeroplane with branding such as AirAsia. JLoong didn’t buy as it was expensive. AQiao and JLoong suddenly became mother and son. Wanna know happened? JLoong asked, “Can I have that toy, mother?” Ann Qiao replied, “Sure, son.” Jun Loong said, “Your son would love you.” She continued, “When I reached the counter, I would tell my son that I don’t have money to pay so you need to work here.” Hehe…

After that, we went to Room. When I entered the shop, they always offered new miniature and looked cute. After that, we walked back to McDonald as Phoebe told us to meet them. YNee, Shirley, SHan, WLing, Phoebe and Monica were sitting there. I decided to make my payment. My lunch is RM21. They donated the balance of movie tickets of RM25 to charity.


When we entered the cinema, our group sat two rows. Wolverine was a good movie. It was about one of the character in X-Men. The movie ended at 6.30pm. After that, we said farewell to each other. Hopefully there is a class trip before all of us go on our own path.

I had a wonderful gathering. It would always be my memorable day.

Note: I will put on those photos later. Hehe..

No comments: