Saturday, February 21, 2009

During holidays..

During this holidays, what did i do? Eat, sleep, watch tv, play games, going out, etc... for whole month.. But i still have coursework and homeworks..
My coursework is to read books.. The world is Flat, The art of war-sun tzu, STarbucks experience, Blue Ocean Strategy and one more..(forgot the name)
THe world is Flat contains 571 pages and the writing is small size.. I read until I wanna sleep..
Haha.. But, the book is quite useful. It told me about the current issues we are having.. Now, everything is using IT. The importance of IT for all the industry.. IT helps us to obtain all the information that we want.. Companies can outsource their call centers to India.. About India, I thought that they only expert in medical field.. after reading the book, i realised the development in India is very rapid.
For art of war, I just read the book relating to biz.. This book is quite interesting.. About the strategy of war to implement in biz..
Starbucks experience-- relate to how they conduct their biz using 5 principals :
1) Make it your own
2) Everything matters
3) Surprise and delights
4) Embrace resistance
5) Leave your mark
Starbucks is a successful company.. they treat their employees very well and put them on the 1st position..
BLue Ocean Strategy is about the new biz strategy..
Explaining the types of strategy such as 4 action framework, strategy canvas..
I spent 2 weeks.. but i have not finish yet.. Feeling tired sitting on the floor..

Last week, my ACCA results came out.. Everyone was anxious for what they obtained..
As for me, I'm quite satisfied.. I failed one out of 3 subjects.. Actually, I thought i would pass one subject.. there are 4 classmates passed all.. They are superb.. One of them may obtain book prize.. He is our genius guy.. Anyway, congratulation to them...

After next week, I have to go back to college. This would be my last sem..
Ok.. that's all..

No comments: